All lifetime transfers not covered by exemptions and made within seven years of death will be added back into the estate for the purpose of calculating the tax payable. This may then be reduced by taper relief.
- Most transfers between spouses and civil partners.
- The first £3,000 of lifetime transfers in any tax year plus any unused balance from previous year.
- Gifts of up to but not exceeding £250p.a to any number of persons.
- Gifts in consideration of marriage or civil partnership of: up to £5,000 by a parent, up to £2,500 by a grandparent, or up to £1,000 by any other person.
- Gifts made out of income that form part of normal expenditure and do not reduce the standard of living.
- Gifts to charities, whether made during lifetime or on death.
Setting up in business | Legal Compliance | Keeping informed | Planning for profit | Raising finance |
| Managing growth | Buy, sell or merge | Minimising tax | Agreeing tax liabilities | Tax Rates 2015/ 16 |
Business start-ups, Accounts Preparation, Tax Planning and Advice, Tax enquiry and investigations, Personal & Business Taxation including Income Tax, Self Assessment Tax, Coming into/Leaving the UK, Inheritance tax, Capital Gains Tax, Corporation Tax, National Insurance, PAYE, Value Added Tax Advice and Company Secretarial services
What a Demack Chartered Accountant can do for you? Call 020 784 1122